top of page

Get a translation quote

Professional human translation for any language, any topic

From Now On, You Can Access Hutterite German Translation Services From Us



It’s common knowledge that English, French, and Spanish are global languages, spoken natively (or at least widely) in various countries around the world. But it may surprise you to know that German is the same—just without the same visibility. Minority communities that speak a German-derived language can be found all throughout the Americas, but they’re generally overshadowed by the dominant languages of their respective countries, putting them in a precarious situation. Such is the case with Hutterite German.


Hutterite German—natively called Hutterisch and alternatively, although anachronistically, called Tirolean—is a minority German language used by around 40,000 native speakers in Canada and the United States. The language is not immediately endangered, as Hutterite children still learn it as their primary language, but virtually all Hutterite German speakers also learn English, which ultimately puts the language at risk. Hutterite German is seldom written, surviving mostly as a spoken language, so translation services are limited. That’s where we at TranslationServices.com come in—we’re proud to cater to this precious language with our new Hutterite German translation team.


How about checking out a free quote for our Hutterite German translation services? Message us now to request one!


Hutterite German: the secret German minority language of Canada and the US

The majority of Hutterite German speakers reside in Canada, specifically in the western provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba—these regions account for roughly 85% of all Hutterite German speakers. The remaining 15% live in the northern United States, in communities in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Hutterite German is typically divided into three main colonial groups, namely Schmiedleit, Lehrerleit, and Dariusleit, each of which speaks their own dialect of the language. In the older generations, there are also some Hutterite Germans known as Prairieleit, descended from those who did not settle in one of the colonies.


Hutterite German is derived from Bavarian, a German language spoken primarily in southeastern Germany (Bavaria) and Austria. More specifically, Hutterite German traces its origins to the southern dialects of Bavarian. This makes the language notably different from other minority German languages in the Americas, such as Pennsylvania Dutch, which tend to be derived from western German dialects. Today, while most of Hutterite German’s vocabulary is German, it has adopted numerous English—and a small number of Russian—loanwords. A Standard German speaker certainly can’t translate to and from Hutterite German—that’s why you should rely on native speakers like our translators.


Customizing your Hutterite German translation for your specific needs

Hutterite German translation services are rare, but we’re proud to provide the highest quality we can. Our translators are native speakers who hail from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Washington, Montana, Oregon, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota, proudly translating documents of all kinds to and from their language. You can choose the dialect—Schmiedleit, Lehrerleit, or Dariusleit—or the region of the translator. Whether you need translation services to Hutterite German or from Hutterite German, we have you covered.


If you want specialized Hutterite German translation services for your project, we can help with that, too. Perhaps you want to create lesson materials in Hutterite German to teach kids in their native language—our academic translators would love to help! Maybe you run an organization and you want to cater to local Hutterite German speakers—our business translators are here to translate whatever business or promotional texts you have! Perhaps you want to share traditional Hutterite German stories or translate English-language books into Hutterite German to help support the language—our literary translators will happily support you! Whatever sort of Hutterite German translation services you need, in any domain and for any subject matter—our team is here to help.


Let our team of Hutterite German translators support you! Message us today to get started with your project.

Comments


Get a translation quote

Professional human translation for any language, any topic

bottom of page